Friday, September 26, 2008

Thought For Today - 9/26/08

When I skipped the vital and necessary priorities in my life such as spending quality time with God (prayer, reading the Word), I end up paying the price. Sometime, the price is BIG!

For the past year or more, it seems like I’m rushing here and there. Rushing to teach this class. Rushing to train this client. Know what – I even rush to pray and rush to finish praying.

Years ago, I would spend much time in prayer and studying the Word of God. It was the foundation of all my successes. Don’t get me wrong; I yet spend time in prayer and studying the Word. But, nothing of the nature how I use to. To be honest, I have been running on borrowed prayers or one may say stored up prayers. Those prayer logs are going fast.

I know God wants to bring me to a greater level of His presence. It is His presence that will prepare me to operate in dominion. The more time I spend with Him (God), the greater revelation I will have of who I am in Him.

God is requiring more than just the casual prayers from me. He wants me to hunger and thirst for His mighty working. I know what it takes. My spirit is willing, yet, my flesh has challenges.

Here is what I will do. I make a new prayer commitment to God. I desire to pray each and every day for at least 30 minutes in intercession for others. I will also pray in my heavenly language two times a day for 15 minutes each time and pray my personal confessions for 15 minutes each day.

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: