Sunday, September 14, 2008

Thought For Today - 9/14/08

Today being Sunday, I can imagine several ministers of churches are at their pulpits give corrections to the congregation.

Corrections can come from various sources and various directions – all you may have never thought of.

I learned that my spiritual growth does come from corrections. I learned through the years to take constructive corrections and not so constructive corrections.

Offense will come. It’s just a matter of time – when. When it does come tell them “thank you for sharing.” Then, if your spirit agree with the correction or if it lines up with the Word of God, you just might need a change there.

I know it might not be easy. Who likes corrections? Please tell me. If you stay teachable, coachable, then you will be able to go forth and grow spiritual more rapidly.

You could actually give that person a big hug, kiss them and thank them with your whole heart for thinking enough of you to bring correction and help you with your spiritual growth. Doing this – you can’t help but be on top.

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: