Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Word About Character And Integrity

A word about character and integrity . . . These things are develop within you. You are necessary not born with them.

Example? In July of this year, I promised a friend of mine that I would teach an 8:30am Wednesday Yoga class at her studio starting in September. The same day (day I told my friend yes to teaching the Wednesday class at her studio) I was asked to teach an 8:30am Wednesday Yoga class at 24HF in Frisco. I agreed, but for only until I would begin teaching the class in my friend’s Yoga studio.

However, after a couple of times teaching at the 24HF Frisco location, I felt I would stay and continue to teach there and not at the Yoga studio. The numbers at the Frisco club grew overnight (started with just a hand full – but grew to around 30 the second class) and members from other clubs were driving there just for this class.

However, God quickly reminded me on my word to my friend at the Yoga studio. I immediately responded. I advised management and the members at the Frisco club of my promise. Some understood while others didn’t want to understand.

This is what having integrity and character is all about – keeping your word. The class situation at the 24HF Frisco club worked itself out. Alex, a friend and student whom I’m mentored briefly is taking over the Frisco class. She is an excellence instructor and will take the members forward with their Yoga practice.

As I will start teaching my new class at Twist Power Yoga in Dallas (corner of Marsh/Forest) on Wednesday mornings, integrity (and God) goes before me, making the way for this class to prosper. I see an over flow of students attending - not having enough room to hold the students, and being a blessing to all those that attend.

All of the above written can be put in simple words – “say what you mean and mean what you say.” People need to see character and integrity in your life!

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: