Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Email From A Favorite Yoga Student

I wanted to share this email received from a 24HF member who attends several classes I teach a week. Many times she will do a double-header (taking two classes I teach per day) with me. She is one of my favorite. Check out her story. Yoga does work. Enjoy.

Much love,
Joseph


"Maybe I am crazy for attending so many of your classes (and Rachelle's on Mondays). I think if everyone else in your classes can benefit as much as I do and become stronger and stronger and have less and less pain, (although I do sweat like a pig b/c of all the dedication and pushing myself as much as I can in every pose), they too would be crazy and go as much as possible.

Giving up weights was really hard, but the best thing I could have done for myself. I have not lost weight doing yoga, however my back, my knees, my ability to now do pushups and relieve all the pain in my neck, is so worth it. I use to have to use my hands to pull my legs into my car as I could not lift them on my own b/c my knees hurt so much. I really try to push myself. Every week I get a little better.

I use to think Bird of Paradise, a half pigeon, Half Moons, even a Tree was going to defeat me. I stuck with it. Monday I did the head stand in Rachelle's class all by myself for almost a minute and I wished you could have seen it. When I am not sweaty I do not slip so I have more stability.

So to not have to think I am going to need surgery or take pain pills like most people I know, I choose to better myself and my life by seeing you as much as I see my husband and I am very grateful for all that you and Rachelle have done for me. I really do think it has saved me. If you ever needed a believer you have one here.

I will see you tonight and until one of us dies I will be in your classes, :-)
Love,
Angela
"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bird of Paradise is such a graceful pose. I haven’t been able to do it yet myself. Leeann Carey, an amazing teacher, has a great free yoga video on this pose. Thought your readers might want to check it out: http://www.planetyoga.com/yoga-blogs/free-yoga-video-birds-of-paradise-pose/