Friday, October 24, 2008

Thought For Today - 10/24/08

I’m learning to trust myself more and more in doing what is right for me. I know this might sound selfish. But, there have been so many times I have been in situations that I tried but could not adapt to. No matter how hard I tried and wanted the situation to work – at the end it did not feel right. Can you relate?

More times than few in the past I would say something is wrong with me if I don’t like this or this is not working. I would say OK, I would try a different route, a different approach – thinking it would work.

These were times I begin to feel confused, weak, scattered and uncertain. My passion began to fade, my emotions disappeared. I was always sleepy, trying to run away, moving into depression. I would even become physically ill.

I had to come to the point in my life – I need to take care of Joseph. I need to love Joseph. If we love ourselves, we won’t be down on ourselves for long. If a place, person or situation does not work, that is okay? Something I say in Yoga class daily. I had to apply that phrase to my life.

My message to you this day is to trust yourself to know what is right for you. If it does not feel right – don’t forsake yourself. Leave the situation. Try something else until it does feel right for you!

Much Love,
Joseph

No comments: