Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Thought For Today - 10/29/08

My spiritual life is based on the Bible – the Word of God. The Bible is my foundation for life. Without which I’m unable to build anything that will last.

My practice of Yoga has increased my awareness of just how much my spiritual life is based in the teaching of Jesus. Yoga has not taken away or disturbed my spiritual roots in Christianity, but it has given me deeper insight of what God is all about. God is LOVE!

Love has no selfish desires. Love is always at ease. Love is never restless and never disappointed. Love is always craving to serving others. Love wants to remove suffering from people. These are just a few things Love does.

Ok, if you don’t believe me – try this. Find someone to make happy. When you make them happy, you will see happiness in their face. Then, check yourself out – you will feel happy too!

Experience the joy of just giving something for the sake of giving. Afterward, you will wait passionately for the opportunity to get that joy over and over again.

This is what Love (God) is all about! And, starting my personal practice of Yoga which I now do 24/7 has brought out more of God (Love) in me. Nothing else really matters. Everything else will pass away. But, Love (God) will eternally be here.

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: