Monday, August 10, 2009

Thought For Today - 8/10/09













Many students ask me how often do I personally practice Yoga. My answer? I practice Yoga everyday, seven days a week and 365 days a year. My practice consist of a large percentage of what I call a "spiritual practice."

There are opportunity each day for offense to come. But it is my choice to receive the offense. Any annoyance - spilled tea (don't drink coffee), people who on purpose cut me off on the freeway, and the big one - being stuck in traffic. These are opportunity to strengthen my practice. It required an attitude change and the creation of an "inner alter."

The number one thing that I do is to get rid of the inward noises. Some days I don't answer the cell phone while driving. I don't listen to the radio while driving. I simply sit, drive and pray for the length of my commute. By the way, I pray over every class I teach and have been doing so since I started teaching in April 2004. By the time I get to my destination, I'm filled with joy, peace and ready to share the gift of Yoga!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for praying over every class you teach! That means so much to me that you care enough to cover us not only with your love, but the love of God as well! Thank you for your spiritual insight and for having the courage to share it with all that will listen, and even those that will not! Much love and blessings!

Jon said...

I like this entry too. Very nice.