Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thought For Today - 8/20/09















Being a Yoga instructor can be a daunting responsibility. We are constantly under scrutiny from various points of view. Seemingly petty things become significant and very few things are overlooked.

For example, several students will not say the word "Namaste" when class is ended. They believe we are bowing to a idol god. My response - by saying "Namaste" I'm saying "Thank you for allowing me to be your teacher" and you are saying to me "Thank you for teaching me."

I acknowledge that – for better or worse – in my position (which God has called me to) leadership via public service exposes me to public opinion and subjects me to public scrutiny by placing me in positions that can be either true or false.

Being in the position I'm in sometimes involves making tough decisions not favored by many people. It is important for me to remember that in leadership, as well as in life, it is impossible to please everyone.

God's Master Plan for my life has been set and must be reached; necessary sacrifices must be made and the plan He has set for me takes precedence over the discomforts of today.

It is most important for me to remember that disapproval and opposition do not equal failure. There is only success in God. My strength and character is defined in my seeking His Face, His Will, His Goals, His Love which is reflected in the classes I teach and the life I live.

I am not defined by others but by the HIGHER POWER which is God!

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: