Saturday, August 8, 2009

Thought For Today - 8/8/09













Recently several people I know which some are Yoga students have faced the loss of friends and family members. I see them struggling with the grief and hear the pain in their voices. To no surprise, the ones who have been leaning on their Yoga practice seem to be finding some comfort amid the suffering.

While some use Yoga to find comfort, others including myself use the Bible or the Word of God.

Yoga teaches us to be comfortable and grounded within the body, no matter where we may be physically. The Word of God teaches us to be comfortable and grounded within our spirit.

In Yoga we find some level of sanctuary within the body through our practice. In studying my Bible, I find sanctuary in the spirit through meditation of the Word.

I have experienced that both the Word of God and my Yoga practice has helped me in time of crises.

We do have the scriptures. We do have access to God, His Son Jesus and the Holy Spirit. We are one with the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. When we realize of which we are made, we have no choice but to live a spiritual life.

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: