Monday, August 31, 2009

Thought For Today - 8/31/09













A couple of weeks ago one of my Yoga teachers (I have 3 females and 1 male) who has a studio in Flower Mound challenged me to practice Yoga 25 times with her at her studio for the month of September.

This will be challenging due to my work schedule and the time of her classes. I told her I would. I have worked out a schedule whereas I will have to take 2 classes per day during the week to makeup for the other days I'm unable to go.

I see this also as a time about getting more detail with my inner self. I'm actually going to be offering my asana practice to God. In truth, our identity does not rest in our body or our mind, but in our soul.

I wasn't sure why my teacher chose me to do this with her. A few days later as I was driving to teach my 4pm Sunday class, it was revealed to me by God that I was to focus on important detail information He will show me and has called me to do which includes being part of 1000s of individuals' life that will be changed (inside/out) by them attending classes I teach.

I do expect my spiritual life to go over the top. Our body is impermanent. Youthfulness will come and it will go. People in our lives will come and go and the list goes on and on. We can maintain a peace and restfulness in our spirit throughout life's fluctuations as we find the stability within.

I challenge you to navigate your own inner journey through your Yoga practice. Expect God to meet you there!

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: