Sunday, August 9, 2009

Thought For Today - 8/9/09














In many of the Yoga classes I teach I try to stress to students to have a daily practice, in which they develop the strength to reside in the physical reality of the present moment.

As for myself, I take 2-3 classes from my instructors a week. But, I also take more intensive training, offered in workshop, which pushes me in a way that I rarely push myself at my home practice.

I often tell students they really don't practice Yoga until they leave the classroom and go back to their daily lives. Their daily lives can be unromantic, ordinary unlike what they may experience in class.

Connecting what we learn in Yoga is a continuing practice when we leave the classroom. We must connect our practice to the rest of our lives. What does that mean? One example is making sure your relationship with your family, your co-workers, your friends is based on the love of God.

How do we handle situations such as anger, resentment, judgments? How do we react when pressure or stress tries to enter our lives? Do we love at it in the eyes or spirit of LOVE? Or do we just ignore it, feel uncomfortable and pray it will go away?

My Yoga practice has allowed me to develop a deeper compassion, not just for myself but for the whole human race. This is the teaching of Jesus. In Mark 12:31 (New International Version), Jesus stated ". . . 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."

This week, spend time in building your love walk, the power and courage needed to address the challenges of your daily life. Stay connected to the source of LOVE (God) and watch your courage, compassion, and love move and keep moving toward a more genuine life.

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: