Friday, August 21, 2009

Thought For Today - 8/21/09


















It is my goal to create a sanctuary of love in the Yoga classes I teach. It is easy to share the practice with students that have being attending classes on a regular basis. I have found that new students or first time Yoga students can bring something new and different into the class too.

If I resist their presence, treating it as an intrusion, I restrict the free flow of energy and may miss the gift they bring. Instead, I choose to treat their energy as an exchange of gifts as well as an exercise in acceptance.

Before each class, I pray over it. By doing this, I can prepare by envisioning the love of God surrounding our bodies and radiating outward from the core of the class room. I create a calm and welcoming environment by spending time with them during the practice (more so than the on-going students).

I learn about life by relating with others. People I believe are sent to the classes I teach because God has sent them there. I desire the classes I teach to be a place where we are ourselves.

When I share the joy of Yoga, I radiate the love of God rather than hide it behind closed doors. The more I do this, the more the outside world can become like the sanctuary of Love that is created inside of me.

See you in class.:)

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: