Saturday, August 1, 2009

Thought For Today - 8/1/09





The teachings of Jesus mainly deals with loving God with all of your heart, soul, strength and mind, including loving your neighbor as yourself. (See Luke 10:27).

In Yoga, there is a similar understanding - serving one another, becoming part of the path to self-realization, seeing it as a spiritual obligation and righteous thing to do.

In this present day and time we live in the teaching of Jesus and the serving one another is usually overlooked.

In yoga, service is not just a spiritual obligation or the righteous thing to do. It’s a path to self-realization, making it a supercharged version of the adage that when you give, you also receive.

In reality, the above statements will in my opinion take you on a fast track to fulfillment. When we love God, we obey His commandments. When we love God, we love and serve our neighbor. Everything is surrounded by "LOVE."

Whatever you do has to be based in the love of God. You can go to church, practice Yoga daily and yet now have the love of God in your life nor wiling to love your neighbor, then what are you doing?

In all of the Yoga classes I teach the most important thing I try to relate to students in living the life of love. After all, all the things we posses or own will one day fade away, but the love of the Father, loving and serving others will last throughout eternity.

How is your love walk going?

Much love,
Joseph

1 comment:

Nicki said...

Wow that was good and oh so true...We just recently moved here from San Antonio for my husbands job, we prayed fervently that God would open the doors to where he wanted us ...It ended up here in Murphy...as I was unpacking and wondering what He has instore for us here I escaped the many boxes and took your Yoga class....it was my first reward and I thanked God for brightening up my day and letting me smile as I move forward. I've been teaching Yoga for about 5 years and wasn't sure if I still wanted to....thank you for inspiring me again!!!
Your biggest fan on Monday's in Murphy, Nicki